This phrase is typically used to describe a guy.
I use it to describe this cake. This Salted-Caramel-and-Chocolate-Fudge Cake.
Because it was tall. Only a tiny little 6" round, but very tall. 6 layers'll do that to ya. And dark - check out that icing. Spreadable fudge, ladies and gentlemen. Heaven on a spatula.
And handsome. I just love the contrast between the dark chocolate cake and the lightly salted caramel buttercream.
My family went nuts - it was a small cake, but nearly half of it was gone in 10 minutes. Then again, I have 5 brothers, so I guess I shouldn't be shocked.
By the way - wanna know a secret about how to get really, really good chocolate cake?
Here it is: . . . . . . . . . . . . .Coffee is to chocolate as salt is to beef.
Now I know what you're thinking - 'Eeewwww! I don't like coffee! I don't want to taste that in my cake!!!'
But you won't taste it!!! It is a seasoning in your cake rather than a flavor. A flavor adds a new element to the dish, while a seasoning enhances the flavor that is already there.
So, basically, coffee makes chocolate chocolatier. Uh, yum! And dark chocolate cocoa powder also makes chocolatey things chocolatier. I never use anything else. And I like things chocolately. Like those 72% caco bars from the store - I buy 'em for baking, but always end up sneaking a few pieces. Just. So. Good.
I've heard that there's such a thing as too much chocolate. . . . .but I haven't experienced that for myself yet.
Guess I'll have to keep trying. ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment