This is just how somebody I know pronounces the word 'Monster.' And no, this is not a Halloween related post. I am referring to the very popular Monster energy drink. At the Chick-fil-a where I work, it's kind of like a cult. I mean, EVERYBODY drinks Monster - except a few of the older ladies that work there. And there's only 2 of them. So yeah, it's pretty much everybody. And it's pretty much every day, too. I mean, I'm not one of the hard-core drinkers, but occasionally when I work from 5:15-2 & have school from 4-9 for 3 or so days in a row, I indulge in a little synthetic energy.
So, a few weeks ago, my boss sat me down and said, "Elizabeth, I have something serious to talk to you about."
*gulp*
"You are going to be required to. . . . . .make Monster cupcakes."
*humongous inner sigh of relief*
I am known around my Chick-fil-a as 'Queen of the Kitchen' or 'The Cupcake Goddess.' Yes, people seriously call me that. So in addition to being Monster addicts, these people really like baked goods. Anyway, awhile ago, I had brought in Mountain Dew cupcakes - and they were a huge hit. The icing was a little fizzy, and after the first 'meh' bite, the flavor snuck up and slapped you in the face. In a totally good way. So I figured, eh, why not just substitue Monster for Mountain Dew? It'll totally work.
![]() |
| I thought about adding Pop Rocks on top for a little surprise, but couldn't find them anywhere. :( |
So there ended up being about a whole can of Monster in the batter. . . . .and then more in the icing. Again, very fizzy, and the overall effect was declared 'bangin' - but also 'very sweet'. So that's something I have to work on with this particular recipe. But that's what coworkers are for - to give feedback so I can perfect stuff like this.
![]() |
| Baby mohnstahs |
Speaking of green monsters - when I was driving to work the other day, I saw a large green van with the license plate 'HLK SMSH'.
Highlight of my day. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment